Select Portfolio Servicing - Select portfolio servercing classaction lawsuit

Hi,I'm tired of select portfolio servercing giving me the run around,I have been under forbearance with selectportfolio servercing for more then a year and I never qualify for any program,I ask them what are the requirements they refuse to tell me,I also ask them who are the investers they refuse to tell me.

if there are any tired homeowners willing to start a classaction lawsuit against select portfolio servercing please let's all get together and take this company down we should not be treated like we are low lifes we all are hard working people that want a piece of the american dream of homeownership.my contact imfo,hywaytropper@yahoo.com

review #180098
1 16 Helpful?
Had the same issue8 Comments43
Had an experience with Select Portfolio Servicing?  Submit review about this company
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Login
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
tiredandfedup

Dec 08, 2014 #913015

this company is unreal i would love to join a classaction lawsuit

LCE

Sep 04, 2014 #865935

Me too. Total of 5 years between BAC and SPS. lceidam@msn.com

monique

Nov 18, 2013 #743935 Eaton Rapids, Michigan

yes out me in this lawsuit i have been trying to modify and they always denie me spsp is offel

monique

Nov 18, 2013 #743937

oops put me in this lawsuit against sps

tobby

Sep 12, 2013 #715898 Tampa, Florida

:cry Nick .I 5 time tread the loan modification o reduce our monthly payment no help.the loss of house would be devastating to our family and we appear to have no options left to prevent foreclosure no help,S.P.S [SELECT PORTFOLIO SERVICE INC,informed us that we are not eligible for a loan Modification due to their being a THIRD PARTY,no exceptions allowed .S.P.S title Notice of Foreclosure .If should be note that S.P.S appears to have an extraordinary number of unwarranted and unlawful foreclosure claims against them. :(

radorcutt

Sep 09, 2013 #714200

Hi

We just got off the phone with select Portfolio regarding our mortgage payment. originally we had mailed of our payment in a timely manner only to receive a call from select portfolio that the check had not been received. So we called our bank the checks did not come thru hmmm never had a problem before now they are late first time mind you. so we make a check by phone oh let's not forget the late payment they tact on. get two confirmation numbers great at least now the payment will be made. Wrong they wait a week to call back saying that the larger one had been returned for insufficient funds What?? So a quick call to the bank and no there is plenty of funds in the bank what kind of BS is this company trying to pull. You know it is not enough that I have to take care of a terminally ill husband and a young son plus work two jobs to make ends meet. but now I have to deal with an incompetent company who can't seem to do their job. Oh we are sorry but another late fee will be applied to your account. They are such crooks. So on top of it all I guess this might be the beginning of becoming homeless. I don't know how much more I can take from this Company how does a company like this continue to do business. is there anyway to stop them. all I want to do is make my payments so I have a place to live is that to much to ask? btw before our loan was sold to select portfolio we did a get a modification and now we are in jeopardy of losing that because of this. So
... Show more

Aug 23, 2013 #705396

Been trying to get a short sale closed on a house for over a year and have had 6 offers on the property equal to or above the asking price and Select Portfolio has not acted or completed any of the offers. They were all withdrawn after three months of efforts to get a response. It is very apparent this company is a fraud and needs to be dealt with by a Federal Agency.

Saundra

Apr 01 #966693 Goodyear, Arizona

I totally understand, please add us to any Law Suite.
In 2014 we attempted to sell our home in a short sale 125K asking, Our 1st offer was 105,500 cash on 9/16/2013 it was denied and they countered with 112,500 11/07/2013 and the bank denied it, 2nd offer 115,500 cash 12/16/2013, denied countered 125,00 on 3/3/2014, on 4/9/2014 the buyers cancelled the offer because the bank took to long to reply.
At the point we attempted a Deed in Lieu, it was denied. As of today the they have had 2 trustee sales with starting bid 139,500 way above market (which it about 14,000 higher than the short sale 1 1/2 yrs ago). After reading other online complaints about the company I think its time the Gov. needs to get more involved. Any direct you can provide
I am asking to have our names removed from the County Recorded, (list as Bank Owned). We would like to purchase another home in the future however we have to wait 1year from the date of foreclosure/title change.

Natalie

Aug 12, 2013 #698309 New York City, New York

Hi Guys,
This is not a coincidence. I was also with BOA, my loan switched over to SPS and have been given a run around for a year. This company is a total scam and there must be a government agency that can help. I have been denied for a modification twice due to errors on their side that was confirmed by customer service. I called twice per week to confirm all docs were sent ad up to date but each tie they could not see fax image clearly (takes 3 days to image), I overnighted docs, which took 3 weeks to scan into system. Then by the time it was scanned, mod application expired. They claimed they could roll application over for new federal mod, I agreed, finally was denied. I was denied because my income looks like too much because a monthly expense form was not added to request. So I looked like I did not have another single bill. This did not seem odd to the underwriters but sure did to the customer service rep who could only offer to reapply. I searched the web and found many, many people echo my story but not one in support of this company and I have not heard of a single success story regarding them approving a modification. This is clearly a fraud case against BOA & SPS. Anyone feel free to add e to a list for class action suit: nephra1224@yahoo.com

Sharon

Aug 23, 2012 #533006

@Salmon Arm BC. I too was with Bank of Amer. and had informed them I was working with a third party to do another modification because after 3-4yrs. the one we got did NOT lower interest rate did NOT lower principle and NOT lower payments. Our monthly payment was RAISED.lol. After another lay-off we were told cant redo for two yrs. but found they were lying or wrong because this was a new incident. I just received a letter on on August 22 2012 from BA saying our loan was sold to SPS and thought what are the chances of this being a coincidence?I guess we have our answer.

S and B

Aug 20, 2012 #531241

We have paid our mortgage all along,never late.We bought our house in 2006 in our 50's. Since this time both of us have becomee disabled. Bank of America held our mortgage. I was out of work with no income and repeatedly called Bank of America to have them send paper work for a modification. They never sent it! This was in January 2011. Several months later I received disability benefits and assumed we would not qualify, as we were not backed by Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac. about 5-6 months ago i heard of a new program for those that were not backed by Fannie or Freddie and paid their mortgage on time. finally BOA sent the paperwork and when all was confirmed to be complete I received a letter stating my mortgage was turned over to SELECT PORTFOLIO. WTF???? This is not a coincident!We do not expect something for nothing. All we wanted was our interest rate to be lowered.When I contacted SP they have already given me the run around.We are paying 10.75% on our mortgage. Why can"t we be helped? Just a lower interest rate! We are not going to take this laying down.I will be calling my Attorney General's office and anybody else who wants to listen. Something fishy!!!!!

Brenda mishawaka indiana

Jul 27, 2012 #520209

my loan was just sold to this company and all this complaints and reviews are freaking me out we paid all our payments early and on time plus some to escrow,,, i hope we do not have problems :?

Tom

Jul 19, 2012 #515598

I think everyone around the water cooler at SPS decided
To answer your comment. Or maybe it's
The investors you been trying to get
In touch with. Screw him all. Walk away :p :p

suzyq

May 14, 2012 #480358

Hey anonymous, what you know about it? remember you could be in the same boat, I just don't want you in mine. Besides n every case in an individual so people do not need to be hurt by these actions or inactions of this company especially when they lose paperwork or it is never filed correctly!

Homeless

Apr 10, 2012 #463611

Is there a lawsuit against them? I would really like to join if there is.

Mar 13, 2012 #448725

Hey, here's an idea....instead of suing your mortgage carrier, how about this.....MAKE YOUR STINKING MORTGAGE PAYMENTS AND STOP WHINING. If you can't afford the payments for your home, including payment of your delinquencies to date, bringing your mortgage current, then no one is to blame but you. What difference does it make who SPS's investors are? They have hundreds of investors for whom they service loans, just like every other mortgage servicer in this country. What business is it of yours and what difference would it make if you have the full list? The only important factor here is the fact that you are a mooching low life, who defaulted on his mortgage payments and now your whining that the mortgage carrier, who is only keeping up their end of the contract by expecting you to make your payments making the dream of home ownership possible for you, won't do this, or won't do that. MAKE YOUR MORTGAGE PAYMENTS AND STOP SQUATTING IN A PROPERTY THAT YOU ARE NOT PAYING FOR AND IF YOU CAN'T AFFORD THE PAYMENT, WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU DOING IN THAT HOME IN THE FIRST PLACE? If something happened, such as a layoff, that caused you to be unable to afford your mortgage payments, suck it up, its not the mortgage carrier's fault. What do you expect? Your mortgage company should just say, "Oh, poor Tony was laid off, ok....just forget about those mortgage payments Tony and take this freebie on us, like the freeloading loser you are?" Get serious, this is a free market society... Show more

Sdiaz13

Feb 28, 2013 #615967 Houston, Texas

You clearly don't know what the heck you are talking about. The reason many people have filed suit against Select Portfolio Servicing is because of FRAUD!!! For me personally, when I see my mortgage statement stating that my mortgage has went up $50,000 with no explanation as to why except for expenses paid by servicer I get more than just a little perturbed. For months we have been asking for a simple break down as to what these "expenses" are and have not been able to obtain anything at all. We now have no equity in the home due to this. ....Before you go pointing your finger maybe YOU should do your homework on the company first!!!!

Joe Sparishi

Aug 11, 2013 #698032

I have been trying to make my payments, but they keep sending my payments back making a problem, HAMP is a joke, this company will keep asking for information for 2 years creating a non payment issue, because of their actions. This adds thousands to your mortgage.

Aug 12, 2013 #698314 New York City, New York

You obviously either work for SPS or are one of the investors. You should not even be posting here. Why are you in here messaging anyway? Since your mortgage is perfect. I guess you will be exposed when we close their *** down for fraudulent practices.

Jim Brown

Jun 25, 2014 #831768

Obviously you are a plant. This company will actually send your payments back or act as if they did not receive hem. The are under investigation by the Federal Trade Commission. Just in Ohio 77 people have been screwed by this company. 2,500 are forming a class action law suit from what I have read. You are what appears to be a an uneducated or un informed person, and you are the
low life.

1 0 Reply

1-20 of 43 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.