mortgage was originally with CITI , CITI sold mortgage to SPS for MAY. I called SPS and they set up payments for May, June and July for direct withdrawal, as I had always had this with CITI .

a few days later papers came in the mail to authorize direct withdrawal from my checking account. I faxed the authorization form back to SPS cashiering dept with a copy of voided check. I specifically wrote on the faxed papers that payments for May (already processed) ,June and July had previously been set up by phone and please be sure not to start the direct withdrawal until August payment. I requested that all this be checked in their system as I did not want 2 payments to be taken out for June ..

I donot believe it was ever read and 2 payments were taken out on the same day for the June... When I called SPS a person named John D. said I would have to prove that both those payments had cleared with my bank and would need written proof from my bank they had cleared. ,There was no one else to speak with when I asked him for a supervisor , no way to contact cashiering dept and he would have SOMEONE call back .

No call back received ...... Went to bank ,got print out of the payments cleared , had it notarized and faxed it to SPS Cashiering Dept . I am in awe of the situation , and am wondering just how long it will take for SPS to reverse the payment back to my checking account.

Luckily I had enough funds for both the payments and extra for expenses. It just blows my mind how they can do things like this then the burden of proof lies on me to get corrected with very little help from the people that work at SPS.

This person wrote the review because of problems with payment at Select Portfolio Servicing. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Select Portfolio Servicing to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

The most disappointing in user's experience was customer service representative. If you have a chance, please contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Select Portfolio Servicing and select portfolio servicing mortgage for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments

Amherst, Massachusetts, United States #993951

Don't even bother. If your mortgage is sold to them get another mortgage lender quick.