Please let me know. I have had a property listed for short sale (going on four years) with our 3rd offer now.

The last two buyers got tired of delays. We are now in month 4 of waiting for “approval”. They get everything they need and then suddenly they need something corrected or added. One day we get told the underwriter has approved it and it’s now back with the investor only to chase them for an update and told either the underwriter needs something changed or the investor (which is Chase) wants to change something and then it’ll take up to 30 days for approval..AGAIN!!

My commission was reduced by the investor and today they wanted it reduced again (and once I send them a listing addendum) it will take 5 business days to be reviewed and up to 30 for approval. This company is absolutely horrible and I question their ethics.

There is so much more to this. It says a lot when other agents decide to cancel/pass on a showing after they find out the short sale is being handled with SPS.

Comments

I'm in the same situation on a shortsale! Now out of the blue, and behind $30,000, they offer me a modification I asked for 3 years ago.

My buyer's have been hanging on for 2 years now.

Why didn't they offer the modification 3 years ago? What a waste of time and paper.