1.1
Interest Rate

In late July, (26), 2017 to be exact, CitiBank sold my mortgage to this ridiculous excuse of a finance company. At that time my credit score was over 700...by October, they had reported i had missed house payments in Sept & Oct.

(unknown to me) when in reality in those months I paid additional $600 & $485 respectively. In late January, 2018 after the sale of my home of 22 years, when i attempted to finance a new home after retiring from teaching 30 years...I discover I have a credit score below 600!!! I had in reality spoken EVERY month since July with individuals from SPS due to the fact they charge $15 for you to pay your regularly scheduled payment either online or by phone! !!

Ridiculous...your only choice is to mail a paper check monthly to prevent additional cost. Not once did anyone suggest there was anything amiss with my payment status. I have always prided myself on excellent financial situation & ability to make smart fiduciary decisions while being paid monthly. The way this company operates is morally ðically shameful.

After doing some research at the suggestion of my banking institution, I discovered a class action lawsuit against SPS in 2016 and multiple complaints from people who were actually removed from their homes & lost everything they had. The BBB will not even rate or recognize them and list literally hundreds of complaints regarding their banking practices. I guess I'm just lucky to have sold my house and got out from under their deceitful practices. Only now they have put such a blemish on my credit, i cannot procure a mortgage loan.

And literally, they are the ONLY negative blotch on my credit report in over 27 years!

How can such practices continue? Is there no governing body to regulate such unfair actions?

Product or Service Mentioned: Select Portfolio Servicing Mortgage.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Feb 05.

Comments

On Feb. 23, I was to do the closing of my home (thank god to get rid of SPS!) The title company requested a payoff so checks could be written and money wired...they requested payoff on Monday Feb.

19..on Wednesday, they called me to ask if I would call and request a verbal payoff. When I called I was told their procedure requires 3-5 days & the title company should have requested it sooner.

The payoff quote FINALLY came in on Monday February 26!!! The title company said they had never dealt with any company so unprofessional, stubborn, & discourteous.